Sunday, November 25, 2007

Only 30 crafting days until Christmas

I had taken my normal vacation from knitting, what with the blistering summer and my newfound love of sewing, but the quick temperature change snapped me right back into it. So far, my biggest knitting-related disaster is that my Shedir has gone missing....I've searched high and low and I know it will probably turn up somewhere, but damn. That hat was kind of my pride and joy.

Anywho, I've kind of sort of decided to start my Christmas knitting. I really don't want to make 4 identical projects in different colors for my girls, as I get terribly bored with repetition and don't handle it well. So I think I'm going to do a few easy stashbusters, then do a kind of white elephant exchange where my girls can steal the gifts away from each other until everybody's happy and has something. First up, is the garter stitch scarf from Scarf Style. You know, the one knit in garter stitch with the stripes that self-fringes. Aww yeah. But I'd also like to make see mi knit's knitted bangles (one for each girl, hopefully), a singlet style shopping bag, and a heating pad from 99 Ways to Cut, Sew & Deck Out Your Denim....I think it'd be adorable to put all the goodies inside each girls' bag, and I can make most of these things with stuff I have lying around.

No comments: